I found a new Home Brewing Kit for beginners that has a higher capacity than some of the compact starter kits mentioned in previous posts. The Beginners Home Brewing Kit contains all the basic equipment that you need to start brewing, but it does not contain the ingredients. I started out on a similar system, and if you like to experiment with your own ingredients, this kit might be for you. Here is what comes with the kit:
- 6.5 Gallon “Ale Pail” Primary Fermenter with Drilled & Grommeted Lid
- 6.5 Gallon “Ale Pail” Bottling Bucket with Bottling Spigot
- Easy Clean No-Rinse Cleanser
- Siphon & Bottling Set-up
- Home Beermaking Text
- Bottle Brush
- Twin Lever Capper
- Liquid Crystal Thermometer
- Bucket Clip
- Ingredients for your beer
- Bottles and Caps (The Capper does come with the kit) or Keg for your finished beer.
The best part about this kit is that the large capacity “Ale Pails” allow you to experiment with different beer recipes. Typical home brew recipes make about 5 Gallons of beer, so this is perfect for the home brew recipes you find online and in most home brewing books.
Have fun experimenting –